A free hands-on workshop for graduate researchers in Medical Science. An opportunity for you to learn about a broad range of resources in one time-efficient session.
The 2-hour session focuses on the skills and tools that will streamline your academic work. You will encounter a variety of IT and Library tools and services to support your research. Relevant software, online services and libraries techniques are on offer for you to try out.
You will also meet with subject specialists for help and guidance on further training.
Topics are likely to include:
- Skills Toolkit and avoiding plagiarism
- GIMP image editing
- Word for your thesis
- Excel - organise & analyse data
- Audacity for recording audio
- Lynda.com IT video courses
- Your thesis, copyright and ORA
- Journal impact factors and journal citation reports
- Finding journal articles using Scopus
- Finding journal articles using PsycINFO
- Keeping up to date using email alerts
- Keeping up to date using RSS feeds
These workshops will take place in Week 1 of Hilary Term, 2019, so book your place now:
|Choose a date and book your place:|
|Research Skills Toolkit for Medical Sciences||Read details||January 14th 10am - 12|
|January 16th 2 - 4pm|
Or follow us on @OxResearchSkill