A free hands-on workshop for graduate researchers in Social Science. An opportunity for you to learn about a broad range of resources in one time-efficient session.
The 2-hour session focuses on the skills and tools that will streamline your academic work. You will encounter a variety of IT and Library tools and services to support your research. Relevant software, online services and libraries techniques are on offer for you to try out.
You will also meet with subject specialists for help and guidance on further training.
Topics are likely to include:
- Corpora - why would I use a corpus?
- GIMP - image editing
- Word - for your thesis
- Excel - organise & analyse data using pivot tables
- Excel - sort & filter data
- Audacity for recording audio
- LinkedIn Learning - IT video courses
- Your thesis, copyright and ORA
- Keeping up to date using email alerts
- Keeping up to date using RSS feeds
- Citation searching with Web of Science
- Dissertations and theses
- Finding data and statistics
These workshops will take place in Week 1 of Hilary Term, 2020, so book your place now:
|Choose a date:|
|Research Skills Toolkit for Social Sciences||Read details and book your place||January 21st 10am - 12|
|January 23rd 2 - 4pm|
Or follow us on @OxResearchSkill