A free hands-on workshop for graduate researchers in Social Science. An opportunity for you to learn about a broad range of resources in one time-efficient session.
The 2-hour session focuses on the skills and tools that will streamline your academic work. You will encounter a variety of IT and Library tools and services to support your research. Relevant software, online services and libraries techniques are on offer for you to try out.
You will also meet with subject specialists for help and guidance on further training.
Topics are likely to include:
- Skills Toolkit and avoiding plagiarism
- GIMP image editing
- Word for your thesis
- Excel - organise & analyse data using pivot tables
- Audacity for recording audio
- Lynda.com IT video courses
- Your thesis, copyright and ORA
- Citation searching with Web of Science
- Dissertations and theses
- Keeping up to date using e-mail alerts
- Finding data and statistics using OECD iLibrary and the UK Data Service
These workshops took place in January 2017.
We plan to repeat them in Week 1 of Hilary Term, 2018, so watch this space for news and details of how to book your place.
Or follow us on @