This online skills course for members of Oxford University provides an introduction to the issues surrounding plagiarism.
It will help you to acquire some of the necessary skills and judgement to apply to your academic work and publications.
This is the certification course recommended by the Education Committee and the divisions.
The course covers these areas:
- Why plagiarism is an important issue, what defines plagiarism, and some examples of how bad writing and bad practice have led to plagiarism.
- How to develop a personal sense of good practice in your field and in the skills required to reference appropriately in your own work.
What to do now:
- Work through the tutorial
- Take the course quiz at the end of the tutorial, to check your understanding and mastery of the course content
This score will be recorded, to reflect your understanding of the topic
If you score 80% or more, you will receive a certificate via email
- Complete the Evaluation form
- we appreciate your feedback, so that we can continue to improve all aspects of the course